The training is organized jointly by FES, OHCHR, the Global Alliance of NHRIs and UNITAR. It was developed especially for junior staff of National Human Rights Institutions (NHRIs).
The training aims to support participants in...
- Expanding their knowledge of the functioning of UN human rights mechanisms;
- Identifying concrete opportunities for NHRIs' effective engagement;
- Identifying practical ways of effective engagement with the UN mechanisms, such as report writing and following up;
- Engaging with colleagues from the OHCHR and NGOs as well as with states; and
- Exchanging experiences and best practices with peer NHRIs participating in the training.